Wow what a crazy week it has been! I took a much needed short break from blogging while in NYC and have been more active on Instagram and Snapchat (melotones) for the NYFW updates. This trip was truly a learning experience and seeing runway shows in person is highly addicting, even though most of them last less than 10 minutes!
Special thanks to my better half Abel to help plan this trip and his patience through out the whole process. And reading this post. 😉
How to attend Fashion Week
Many of you have asked me on how to get invited to NYFW. This is a mystery to many of the bloggers out there who are just starting out. Let me put it this way, anyone can attend Fashion Week, you just commit to it. I didn’t know how simple it was when I first started either!
Here’s a checklist on how to plan your next fashion week trip:
- Look up dates of NYFW, book flight tickets, Airbnb/hotel etc. (recommend doing this 2-3 months out since prices get higher as it gets closer)
- Start checking to see if the designer schedule is up at one month mark (this is a crucial one, mark your calendar to not miss the schedule!)
- Pick the designers you like, start stalking their marketing teams/PR firms to see who’d be in charge of planning the shows
- Draft a pitch email. This should be brief, defining who you are, why you love the brand and how you’d love to document the experience
- Follow up if you don’t hear back
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Hope these tips are helpful, good luck on your next planning!
NYFW Part 1 Photo Journal:
We took a lot of photos during this trip, so I wanted to break the whole experience into two parts. First part is all about what we did, drank and saw. Second part will be about a collaboration I’m really excited about, stay tuned! 🙂
Nicholas K Show
The Whitney Museum of American Art
Wow, this is a long one! Thanks for making it thus far, and all your comments. Have a great weekend!
Photos by Abel.