Today I don’t want to talk about the news, or why the Instagram algorithm is messing with all of us or should you invest in a Youtube channel. In my humble opinion (in case you’re wondering), the answer is no, but we’ll get to that later – maybe.
We live in a world of unknowns and lots of confusion. Come to think of it, this is why I created Fashion Mews, somewhere people can escape and talk about positive things. We want to help you live a better life.
I came across to a video posted by a Facebook friend, and it talked about the Law of Attraction. You may have also heard the book The Secret, a bestseller awhile back. While The Secret really dumbed down the concept of positive thinking to “if you dream it, you’ll achieve it”, at its core it made some sense. The other reality of positive thinking and achieving is to work hard and keep persevering against all the odds.
So if I may say, love your haters, but love your biggest supporters the most. So here are five tips I’ve used to create positivity:
- Write down your dreams and put them up somewhere visible: There are many studies of this method being super effective. When you are reminded of your dream on a regular basis, it will be top of mind.
- Eat healthy: Because happy body, happy mind. Notice when you eat healthy, you are in a better mood? It’s no coincide, our bodies are designed to be in sync with our minds. If our mind decides to do something unhealthy, the body will suffer too.
- Think about happy memories: Whenever I’m feeling down, I go back to thinking how lucky I am to be here, or think about where we traveled last and how fun it was. Plus it’s also helpful to think about things you’re looking forward to. For instance, I’m really looking forward to traveling next month!
- Clean up: Notice that when you are organized, you’re in a better mood? This is no coincide. A clean, organized home will help clear your mind, and be more productive. As a creative professional, even though I used to be proud of my mess – no joke, I now regularly clean up. I find it super therapeutic and helps me be more creative. And it makes hubby super happy, lol.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Because being around people with good energy will only lift you up. Notice how you feel down after hanging out with some people? Avoid them at all costs. Life is too short for bad vibes!
Why do you think the most successful ones out there ignore all the negative energy? If I hadn’t dream of living the life I live today many years ago, and work hard towards it, I doubt that I would ever make this far. Don’t get me wrong, I still have a long way to go. BUT to this day, I sometimes forget the power of the positivity. That’s why I had to dedicate a post to stay positive friends, and reiterate how important it is for all of us.
It’s been a long time since the last time I put together a day to night look. Never underestimate the power of a white shirt with a little fun on the back. Paired with denim jeans and crisp white sneakers day time, and spice it up with your statement heels at night.